Hello BRARC Members,
I am reaching out to you at this time to let you know that a lot has been happening lately at BRARC.
Here is what you need to know…..
1. Our website has been updated (radioclub.org), and you will find a section in the menu labeled ‘POSTS’. Please check here routinely. Items of interest to the club come up occasionally between issues of our newsletter and the POSTS section will help keep you up to date on club happenings (and will help keep emails from me from hitting your inbox).
2. Dues are past due now. Please pay annual dues if you have not done so already.
3. So far this year, we’ve had 2 really good presentations at the club meetings. Phil Jenkins will be updating us on satellite amateur radio at the March meeting. It is going to be a good one so please try to attend…….however…..
4. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT ATTEND, we are now live streaming meetings to your home via the internet. Complete details are on the website for how to remote attend a meeting. (radioclub.org). We can handle up to 100 participants remotely, so I will be promoting club presentations beyond our geographic area. If you know of anyone who would like to watch our presentations and cannot attend, please let them know about this service. It is free to everyone.
5. Carl Stover has done a wonderful job at organizing the shack, and he is routinely running classes out of the shack on selected Thursday evenings. The next class will be this Thursday at 6pm. The topic is better ways to attach PL259’s to coax. His sessions are very practical, so please try to attend.
6. The club is trying to up our game on contests. Danny Rector runs events and contesting. If you would like to learn more or help out, email him at email@example.com.
7. If there is anything I can do to help facilitate making BRARC a club that you would like to invite fellow HAMS and non-hams to join, please let me know. Help me to get the word out about our club so that we can attract new members.
Thanks and 73
David Day N1DAY